Tag! You're it!

Are you like me and have the boring generic black luggage {in all sizes} for your vacations? Or do your kids have to have the backpack just like their best friend's?
I'm constantly trying to figure out how to make mine stand out on the airport carousal so that I don't miss my luggage, like tie a ribbon, mark it with a piece of tape, etc.
Why I haven't made a personalized tag like the one I'm about to show you, I'm not sure.  But I am sure to do it now, and for everyone in my family!
I was browsing Ellison Lane and found this guest tutorial from Clover & Violet.

To get started, here's your supply list.

Supplies:

  • 2 3/4″ x 3 3/4″ solid fabric
  • 2 3/4″ x 3 3/8″ clear vinyl {I cut up a pencil case, but vinyl-by-the-yard can be purchased at most sewing and craft stores}
  • 1″ x 3″ strip for vinyl binding
  • 2 – 1″ x 10″ strips print for border
  • 7 1/2″ x 3 1/4″ rectangle for flap
  • 3 3/4″ x 4 3/4″ rectangle print for back
  • 3″ length 3/4″ webbing or bias tape & 1 1/2″ swivel clip {I use these}
    • OR a longer length of webbing or bias tape to loop through a handle
  • 7 1/2″ x 3 1/4″ rectangle fusible interfacing
  • 3 3/4″ x 4 3/4″ rectangle fusible interfacing
Now, after you have picked your favorite fabric to use, here.  Head on over to the tutorial here. Give those boring bags some life with your new luggage tag!

No comments:

Post a Comment